Human trafficking has always been something that pulls on my heart strings. The thought of innocent children being brutalized day in and day out with no one to come to their rescue honestly has kept me up at night, as it very well should. I have looked into and follow many organizations. Some are centered around the after care of victims, while others go after the perpetrators, helping under funded law enforcement have a fighting chance against this massive illegal enterprise. Some children as young as 3 and 4 are turned into sex slaves. What kind of sick freak would pray on a toddler?! The images that flooded my head when I heard this statistic made me want to vomit! Imagine the damage that does to these poor children psychologically and physically? They are as dispensable as a Styrofoam cup to their owners, dehumanized and completely helpless. They are bought or kidnapped for cheap and used over and over again generating massive profits for their owners while simultaneously satisfying the most unthinkable and grotesque desires of some sick pervert. And when the child becomes too old or too sick, they are disposed of no differently than a used napkin. Justice needs to be served, children deserve the innocence of childhood and the people who pray upon them need to be punished and taken to a place where they can no longer hurt children. STOP CHILD TRAFFICKING NOW is an organization that focuses on catching the bad guys, helping to eliminate demand which is the driving force behind child trafficking. It is simply the law of supply and demand, take away the demand and there will be no need for supply. On September 24, 2011 SCTNow will be hosting a walk in Las Vegas to raise funds. I have put together a team called "STG for SCT". My goal is to raise $1,000.00, but to be honest I will not be happy unless I can blow that goal out of the water. It should be easy too, I have 250 friends on facebook, if each one chipped in 4 bucks, my goal would be reached! So please donate or join my team because everyone doing a little does big things!
http://events.sctnow.org/site/TR?team_id=1183&fr_id=1099&pg=team <---A link to my event page where you can either join or donate.
No comments:
Post a Comment