I have been neglecting this blog but with good reason. A lot has been going on, feeling like one whirl wind after another. I finally decided to take this Sunday and truly make it a day of rest. No work outs, no trips out of state, no laundry, no dishes even! I spent the entire day with my boys, being lazy, going to church, and soaking up some real family time. It has been absolutely marvelous, and much over due! The past two weeks have been spent on trips out of state and while they were fun they were also exhausting, hauling a baby and all of baby's things around is no joke. Our first adventure was to Dan's cousin Sterling's wedding in Arizona. This trip was Oli and I's first solo adventure without the help and company of Dan. It was a little nerve racking because my mother in law basically made all the arrangements for me; leaving me with my husband's cousin's who I hardly new in a place where I had never been, without a GPS device. It turned out far better than I was expecting tho. Dan has the most loving and fun family, and they seemed to welcome me with open arms. I really enjoyed my trip and got to see a place I had never been which was a bonus. Oli also got to spend some time with his grandma Kim and got to meet his cousin's for the first time. I was sad that Dan couldn't be with me but grateful to make the best of the last of my maternity leave. Arizona is beautiful too, especially the part of the drive between Flagstaff and Phoenix. The Saguaro cactus and Arizona sunsets were worth the drive alone. That trip was rough though, we had to stay at a different place every night which ment packing up all of Oli's stuff every day and unpacking every night. I also had a small encounter with mastitis and Oliver was definitely sensing a change in surroundings that he didn't appreciate very much. After we got home from AZ it was time to load up again for a trip to Vegas to visit with my mom and sister. Oli and I stayed through Easter which happened to be my middle nephew's birthday. It was a great visit minus the fact that Dan couldn't be there and Oli and I were both fighting colds. It was a good last hoorah before having to return to work. I could right and entirely new post just on that. I think I just might too.
**No AZ pics because I forgot my Camera :(**
No comments:
Post a Comment