Monday, April 11, 2011

Side Walk Art


This weekend was pretty awesome. I went down to Vegas on Friday and had some much needed sister time. I was also able to return some things to Babies R Us and got a breast pump so I can start pumping for work. To add to my weekend accomplishments I totally scored at a community garage sale on Saturday. I got a huge garbage bag of nice clothes for Oli and a high chair for only $40. Woo hoo! Sunday was the icing on the cake though. Dan had the day off so we went to church together. It was a great service and I felt like I got a lot out of it and was refreshed. After church we enjoyed a fabulous lunch with good company at this little restaurant called Bishop's. We headed out to Kayenta that afternoon for a sidewalk chalk festival. Kayenta is a small desert community out in Ivins Utah. It is comprised of mostly wealthy, 50 something granola folk, who probably relocated from California or Bainbridge Island. The festival was really interesting. Apparently the artists use pastels instead of chalk and as you can see from the pictures, it makes the artwork much more bright and detailed. It made me want to come home and draw all over my drive way!


























No comments:

Post a Comment